February 10, 2010
Savor Dallas contest: Pocket coveted foodie tickets worth nearly $1,000
For the fourth year in a row, we're teaming up with our friends at Savor Dallas to give our foodie audience a crack at more than $1,000 worth of tickets to culinary events during Savor Dallas weekend March 5-6. The contest has always been one of our favorite favoriting contests.
We will announce our first winner on Friday, even before the contest gets in full swing: We'll crown the winner of the "UnContest," who will receive a pair of tickets to the International Grand Tasting. (That's the big main event.) The winner of the UnContest is the person with the highest Daily You score for "food and drink" -- our most popular category -- among regular users who've been active in the past month.
Here's how the rest of the contest works*:
* Entry: Enter the contest by posting reviews on Pegasus News pages for local restaurants. You can search for restaurants here . Subject to the bonuses discussed below, entrants will be ranked on the total number of reviews posted between now and 12:01 a.m. CT on Monday, March 1.
* Review guidelines: For a review to count towards your total, it must: Have number ratings selected so we can distinguish it from a regular comment; not be a restaurant you have previously reviewed on the same page; and be (in our sole judgment) substantive. That means more than a single sentence; should give some reason why you liked or disliked it; and include a detail or two that you could only pick up by being there.
* Bonus multiplier: You can earn a bonus multiplier by going to the pages for the Savor Dallas events on Pegasus News and clicking on the "Add to Favorites" link . There are seven events. Each one you "favorite" makes a multiplier on your score. So favoriting one (x1) doesn't help you, but favoriting all seven gives you an 7x multiplier on the reviews you post. (Hint: You're crazy if you don't do this.)
Here are the prizes at stake, in descending order:
- Grand Prize: One pair of all-access passes to all Savor Dallas events, including the Arts District wine stroll, all three seminars, the Reserve Tasting, and the (most coveted) Grand Tasting. Value: $850 .
- One pair of passes to the International Grand Tasting (four winners)
- One pair of passes to the Wine Stroll (10 winners)
Please note that we are also running this contest in Tyler. If you live in the Tyler/Longview area, you're eligible for the contest based on reviews that you post on the Tyler site. Check out restaurants you can review here .
*- Fine print: Employees of PanLocal LLC, relatives of employees at PanLocal LLC, and its affiliate companies are not eligible. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Don't take any wooden nickels.