Presented by Contemporary Theatre of Dallas
June 29, 2007
5601 Sears Street , Dallas, TX
$22 - $27
Playwright A. R. Gurney (author of CTD’s Love Letters, The Dining Room and Far East) created his most disarming character in Sylvia, a sweet stray dog found and adopted by Greg, a middle-aged Manhattan financier, and his teacher wife, Kate. Sylvia, a lab-poodle mix, proceeds to transform their lives, bringing both delight and chaos, while making Kate decidedly jealous with her unconditional canine adoration of Greg. Gurney’s genius is to have Sylvia played by an actress with no furry suit, no doggie makeup, no “tricks”—just charm and talent.
Rated PG-13. Call the box office at 214-828-0094 for tickets or purchase online. Tickets are pay-what-you-can on Wednesday, June 27.
Information from theater company's site
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Dallas-based Pecan Lodge is Texas Monthly's second-best barbecue joint, sort of
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records