The Merry Widow
Presented by The Dallas Opera
November 30, 2007
909 1st Avenue , Dallas, TX
$25 - $199
Set in a high-society party in the Pontevedrian Embassy in turn-of-the-century Paris, The Merry Widow is a light-hearted, whimsical operetta that tells the story of Hanna Glawari, the temperamental widow of an outrageously wealthy man in search of a new husband. But, she faces a tough decision: If she decides to remarry, her tiny country, Pontevedro, will be left bankrupt. What unfolds is an embassy plot to match and marry her off to the suave, handsome Count Danilo; a scheme complicated by the secret affair of the French attaché and the wife of the Pontevedrian ambassador. Lovers' crazy trysts, lavish parties, spirited hijinks and political intrigue make this joyful operetta one not to be missed.
Purchase tickets online or by calling 214-443-1000.
Information from opera company's site
Did you go? Tell us about it.
These users are fans:
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas
- Naan Sushi in Uptown Dallas closed