Fort Worth Opera Studio - Amahl and the Night Visitors
December 6, 2008
to 4 PM
1440 N. Main St. , Fort Worth, TX
$5 - $18
Fort Worth Opera Studio, a training program for upcoming artists, will produce Amahl and the Night Visitors this holiday season. Amahl is a family-friendly opera performed in English; but this year Fort Worth Opera is adding projected Spanish translations, often referred to as “supertitles.”
STORY: Amahl tells the story of a crippled boy who by chance crosses paths with the three Wise Men on their way to visit the infant Jesus. The three men need a place to stay for the night and, in spite of her poverty, Amahl’s mother generously offers her hospitality. Amahl and his mother are enthralled when they hear about the newborn King and want to offer gifts of their own. When Amahl rises to hand the wise men the only possession he has, his walking cane, he receives a miraculous blessing of his own.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally