MystiQal Mardi Gras Nighttime Parade
February 2, 2008
, Dallas, TX
MystiQal will be the first night parade in Dallas in over a decade and will offer everything from beads and baubles to parties and live music.
On Saturday, February 2, Victory Park will transform into the irresistible and vibrant fun of New Orleans’ Mardi Gras, kicking off the festivities at 5:30 p.m. with the Mardi Gras 5K Run at Victory Park. Following the finish line awards and celebration, the MystiQal parade will launch with marching bands, performing groups and stunning floats. Victory Park will also host a French Quarter street festival filled with street vendors, outdoor cafés and entertainment throughout the night. The event is free and open to the public, and a portion of the event merchandise profits will benefit The Elisa Project.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Neo Pizza Napoletana by Olivella's: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $2 frozen drinks
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse: $2 drafts and $2.50 wine
- The Idle Rich Pub: $1 off all drafts, house drinks, wells, and calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Dream Cafe: Half off all European bottle wines
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day