Christopher ‘Kid’ Reid
April 17, 2009
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$10 - $15
Christopher Reid, formerly known as Kid (born April 5, 1964 in The Bronx, New York City) is an African American actor, comedian, and former rapper. He graduated from the prestigious Bronx High School of Science in 1982. He is best known as one-half of late-1980s/early-1990s hip hop musical act Kid 'n Play with fellow rapper/actor Christopher "Play" Martin. Reid was particularly notable for his extreme hi-top fade hairstyle. On the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, he mentioned that he is the son of a Jamaican father and an Irish mother. Reid has appeared on a number of television programs, including Martin and Sister, Sister, and has also served as the host of amateur contest shows such as Your Big Break and It's Showtime at the Apollo. Reid tours as a stand-up comedian. He noted that his hiatus is over and is coming back focused more to his acting. Reid's most recent musical contribution has been to HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, having written the theme song. Real Time with Bill Maher is a talk show that airs weekly on HBO, hosted by comedian and political satirist Bill Maher.
Call 214-823-5233 for reservations.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- WoodFire Kirby's: Half priced liquor, beer and wine by the glass
- Brackets (Closed): $2 mimosas, $2 poinsettias
- Gloria's: $3 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $3 mojitos, $3 sangria, $3.50 imports, $4 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- Cafe Izmir: Half-price select wines
- Half Shells Seafood Grill: $2 drafts, $2 domestic bottles
See more events classified as:
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters