Curse of IT CAME FROM DALLAS! - Taking the Fifth!
October 15, 2009
to 9:30 PM
11170 North Central Expressway , Dallas, TX
Free - $10
The Dallas Producers Association presents the fifth edition of IT CAME FROM DALLAS!, based on “films made in Dallas that drove drive-ins to extinction.” This year’s event, dubbed “Curse of It Came From Dallas – Taking the Fifth,” features the return of co-host Gary Gogill, who will be holding court with the DPA’s very own Gordon K. Smith, as they take us through more movie memories and trivia. Of course, the evening’s program will be packed full of rarely seen, and deservedly so, pieces of film and video folly from the worlds of movies, TV spots, industrials, cable access and locally produced programming. The panoply of production prowess is guaranteed to have the audience gasping for relief.
“Curse” will also include a departure from previous shows by exhibiting examples of excellence, too – noteworthy productions made in and around Dallas, that achieved commendable recognition covering feature films, television series, music videos, documentaries and/or corporate films. Productions shown this year will be as recent as the mid-90’s.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding talks parenting in Dallas
- Firefighters locate body in debris after old Uncle Julio's caught fire
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Jenkins sells luxury condo en route to Oakland