December 5, 2010
to 7 PM
8687 North Central Expressway , Dallas, TX
Welcome to the inaugural Gingertown Dallas at NorthPark Center, where the streets are paved in licorice and the lampposts are constructed of candy canes. Founded in 2006 by David M. Schwatz Architects, Gingertown is a unique holiday initiative which brings together talent from more than 25 local design, engineering and construction firms for a live build competition to help spread joy and hope during the holidays. Following the competition and exhibit, each handcrafted structure is donated to put on display at an area children's charity. The live build and competition takes place on Level One near Nordstrom from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. November 30, and the exhibit will be on display through December 5.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sherlock's Pub: $2 select domestic drafts, $2.25 premium domestic drafts, $2 wells, $2.50 house wine, $2.50 select calls, $3 super calls, $7 select domestic pitchers, $8 premium domestic pitchers
- Humperdink's: $3 pints / $4.25 mugs / $5.25 goblets / $3.50 Coors Light, Bud Light & Miller Lite bottles / $1 off house wines, wells & Crown & Down Calls
- Blue Mesa Grill: free quesadilla bar
- Dave & Buster's: $1 off house wines by the glass, $1 off 22 oz. drafts, half-priced cocktails
- Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant: $1 off signature Gordon Biersch lagers and ales / $2 off all wines by the glass / $5 all ultra premium cocktails
See more events classified as:
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"