Cirque du Soleil — Alegria
February 28, 2010
Alegría is a Cirque du Soleil classic and an internationally acclaimed production that has entertained more than 10 million people worldwide since its world premiere in Montreal in 1994. In May 2009, Alegría embarked on a new journey, performing the same mesmerizing production, but now in arenas in North America, giving more people the opportunity to enjoy a Cirque du Soleil show in their own town.
Alegría is a Spanish word that means happiness, joy and jubilation and features an international cast of 55 performers and musicians from 15 countries and showcases breathtaking acrobatics.
Acts include the Synchro Trapeze and the intense and high-energy Aerial High Bars in which daring aerialists fly to catchers swinging more than 40 feet above the stage. The vibrancy of youth is alive in Power Track, a brilliant display of synchronized choreography and tumbling on a trampoline system hidden under the stage floor. In Russian Bars, artists fly through the air and perform spectacular somersaults and mid-air turns, landing on bars perched on the sturdy shoulders of catchers.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
These users are fans:
- Amy Moonlady Martin
- Collin Gouldin
- David Gates
- Jennifer Sanchez
- Jessi Whitby
- Jon Ostrowski
- Lauren Vaughan
- Liz Newsome
- Pavel Lishin
- Stephanie Lopez
- Susan Lauer
- Travis Bush
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Fortuna Grill: $3 wine
- Dave & Buster's: Half price anything with liquor including shots and mixed drinks. $1 off import and domestic drafts and all glasses of wine.
- Social 121: $2.50 domestic beer, $3.50 draft and import beer, $4 mixed drinks (well brands), $5 house wine by the glass, $6 mixed drinks (premium brands), $8 martinis
- Gloria's: $4 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $4 mojitos, $4 sangria, $3.50 imports, $4 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- Chili's Grill & Bar: $2.25 (16 oz) & $3.25 (23 oz) domestic drafts, $3.99 margaritas, $2.50 wells, $3 house wine
- UPDATED: Pan-Latin restaurant called Mexican Sugar in Plano is open
- UPDATED: DFW's second East Hampton Sandwich Co. to open at Shops at Legacy November 6
- Frisco High School adds auditorium and gym courts in $20 million renovation
- Kendra Scott to open boutique at Shops at Legacy in Plano
- Cirque Musica launches with two shows in Frisco on June 22