It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane… It’s Superman
July 25, 2010
2403 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
$15 - $94
Music By Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Lee Adams, Book By David Newman and Robert Benton (Based Upon the Comic Strip "SUPERMAN"), Broadway Production Produced by Harold Prince in association with Ruth Mitchell, Directed for the Broadway Stage by Harold Prince, Additional material by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Directed by Kevin Moriarty, Choreographed by Joel Ferrell
A Lost Treasure, a Musical Marvel, Soars Again - Look! Up in the Sky! America's greatest superhero was also the star of one of Broadway's lost musical treasures! Now this mid-'60s miracle, with great songs by the legendary Charles Strouse (Annie) and Lee Adams (Bye Bye Birdie) is part of the Wyly Theatre's historic first season. In this production, the comic book-based musical has a hip updated script by the ingenious young playwright and comic book writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. There will be nothing mild-mannered about this high-voltage revival, when Superman flies in to help Clark Kent and Lois Lane face off against a team of super villains. With singing, dancing, colorful sets and costumes, and a tuneful Broadway score, Superman will be an uplifting end to DTC's 51st season. The Man of Steel promises to sweep Lois Lane - and our audiences - off their feet!
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- West End Pub: $3 wells / $3-5 draft pints / $4.25 margaritas / $3.50 wine / $4 craft beer of the month pint
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Samar by Stephan Pyles: $3 wells, $5 red and $5 white wine by the glass, $5 red and white sangria, $15 bottles of red and white wine, $15 carafes of red and white sangria
See more events classified as:
- DFW Theater Critics Forum announce 2009-2010 awards
- Theater review part deux: It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman at Wyly Theatre in Dallas
- Theater review: It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman at Wyly Theatre in Dallas
- Get half-price admission at Dallas Museum of Art on Wednesdays in July
- Theater preview: It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman at Wyly Theatre in Dallas