Brinker International Forum: The Creative Process
Bob Balaban, Peter Guber and Brett Ratner, moderated by Campbell Brown
March 4, 2010
2403 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
$20 - $150
The collective experience of Bob Balaban, Peter Guber and Brett Ratner represents every aspect in the process of creating a film, from producing to writing to directing and acting. A product of Old Hollywood, Bob Balaban grew up in “the business” and was the first person in his family to venture to the creative side. An actor, writer and director, Mr. Balaban appeared in Gosford Park, A Mighty Wind and Capote, and directed the Off-Broadway hit The Exonerated. Peter Guber, founder and chairman of Manadalay Entertainment, has produced films—including Rain Man, The Color Purple and Batman—that resonate with audiences around the world. Producer and director Brett Ratner began making movies in elementary school and never stopped. His feature films include the Rush Hour series, The Family Man, and X-Men: The Last Stand.
CNN anchor Campbell Brown will moderate this panel discussion, exploring how an initial idea becomes a feature film.
Box office: 214-880-0202
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- T/X Restaurant: $3 domestic beers, $5 house wines, $5 well drinks
- Mattito's: $3 domestics / $3 imports / $4 margaritas / $4-5 select wines / $4 sangria / $5 Rumba Ritas
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse: $2 drafts and $2.50 wine
See more events classified as:
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park