Scrooge the Musical
December 23, 2011
404 East Pipeline Road , Hurst, TX
$9 - $16
The spirit of Christmas becomes a musical celebration of life in this rousing adaptation of Charles Dickens’ beloved family classic. In 1970 renowned writer-composer-lyricist, Leslie Bricusse, adapted A Christmas Carol into the hit screen musical SCROOGE. Like the film, this musical closely follows the original story.
Mean-spirited and stingy, Ebenezer Scrooge has a sour face and “humbug” for anyone who crosses his path. But on this Christmas Eve, he will learn the horrible fate that awaits him if he continues his miserly ways. One by one, the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future take the startled Ebenezer on an incredible journey through time – showing him in one magical night what takes most people a lifetime to learn.
Filled with joyous musical treats including “Christmas Children”, “December the Twenty-Fifth”, “Happiness”, “I Like Life”, “Father Christmas”, and “Thank You Very Much, this delightful tale is sure to enrich the lives of young and old alike for many generations to come. Rekindle your Christmas spirit through Dickens’ classic tale of redemption!
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Theater review: Artisan Theater Company's production of 42nd Street draws you in and lifts you up
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford's They're Playing Our Song toe-taps its way into hearts
- Theater review: Artisan Center Theater doesn't shy from the emotions in The Hiding Place
- Theater review: From Kansas to the Big Apple, follow a dreamer in Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Theater review: Onstage in Bedford pulls out a good ol' English farce with Charley's Aunt