13th Annual Native American Pow Wow
November 12, 2011
to 10 PM
12800 Abrams Road , Dallas, TX
The free event will be from 12:30-10 p.m. in the Richland College Gym (G101). The Pow Wow honors American Indian Heritage Month and features Native American arts and crafts, foods and cultural activities. Veterans will be honored and Miss PAC Princess will be crowned at the Pow Wow.
"At Richland we value and encourage diversity," said Jay Wooldridge from Richland's Office of Student Life. "This intertribal cultural celebration benefits the community by featuring the first Americans' traditional song, drum, art, food and dance."
Richland College was built on land that shares a history and “spirit of place” with early Native American nations of Anadarko, Caddo, Keechi, Tonkawa, Ionie, Comanche, Witchita, as well as early Spanish explorers and European settlers.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Theater review: Moon Over Buffalo in Richardson is a two-hour laugh fest
- Restaurant review: MoMo Italian Kitchen in Dallas is steeped in delicious tradition
- New barbecue joint coming to Richardson, says Chili's founder
- Love Justin Timberlake? You'll like Friday night at Alamo Drafthouse
- Photos: Animal House moviegoers pull out paddles during Alamo Drafthouse showing