2011 Dallas Turkey Trot
November 24, 2011
The Capital One Bank Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot is the largest Thanksgiving Day event of its kind in the country. Starting from humble beginnings 43 years ago at White Rock Lake, it has grown into the undisputed "Way to Begin Thanksgiving Day" for thousands of locals as well as those who travel to share in our great event.
Join the Dallas YMCA and Capital One Bank in celebrating Thanksgiving in a BIG way at this year's Turkey Trot… by setting a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORD! Bring your family out on Thanksgiving Day (and any other turkeys you know) to be a part of the largest ever gathering of people dressed as turkeys!
This year participants have the option of being timed on either the 8 mile or the 5K events.
7:00 - 8:50 am Race Day Registration / Packet Pick-up
8:00 am Registration and packet pick up closes for timed events only.
8:59 am Wheelchair race begins
9:00 am Race Begins
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day