Nick Cave: Heard
April 1, 2012
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
Free - $10
Internationally renowned visual and performance artist Nick Cave, whose work has been called “must be seen to be believed” by The New York Times, will present a visually breakthrough performance , Herd, recently commissioned by the University of North Texas Institute for the Advancement of the Arts and UNT Art Galleries. The performance piece will feature collaborations with the UNT College of Music Department of Dance and Theatre and other UNT arts programs and will also incorporate 30 newly created Soundsuits in the shapes of horse-like forms, which will move through the museum and garden and evolve into hybrid beings, for a completely unique multi-sensory experience. Cave is renowned for his elaborate Soundsuits sculptures – wearable art made of such items as twigs, beads, sequins, Easter grass and dryer lint. When worn, his Soundsuits envelop the body making sounds as the materials brush together.
General Admission: $10 adults; $7 seniors, $5 students, Free Members and children 12 and under. Purchase tickets at the door.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- Green Room: $3 Domestics, $3 Wells, $3 WInes, $5 select appetizers
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas, $12 buckets of beers
- Tate's: $4 select craft draft beers, $4 glasses of featured red and white wines, $4 well drinks
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas