Nick Cave: Heard
April 1, 2012
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
Free - $10
Internationally renowned visual and performance artist Nick Cave, whose work has been called “must be seen to be believed” by The New York Times, will present a visually breakthrough performance , Herd, recently commissioned by the University of North Texas Institute for the Advancement of the Arts and UNT Art Galleries. The performance piece will feature collaborations with the UNT College of Music Department of Dance and Theatre and other UNT arts programs and will also incorporate 30 newly created Soundsuits in the shapes of horse-like forms, which will move through the museum and garden and evolve into hybrid beings, for a completely unique multi-sensory experience. Cave is renowned for his elaborate Soundsuits sculptures – wearable art made of such items as twigs, beads, sequins, Easter grass and dryer lint. When worn, his Soundsuits envelop the body making sounds as the materials brush together.
General Admission: $10 adults; $7 seniors, $5 students, Free Members and children 12 and under. Purchase tickets at the door.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Uptown Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4 imports / $4 drafts / $4 wells / $5 calls / $5 jager
- Renfield's Corner: $1 off draughts / $1 off house drinks / $1 off wells / $1 off calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Sfuzzi: $4 you-call-its, half-price pizza
- Two Corks and a Bottle: Half-price glasses of wine (except sparkling)
- Boxwood T & G: $1 off drafts, $5 featured wine, $5 featured craft cocktails, and $5 featured small plates
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre