Go West Fest: Homespun Remedies / Somebody’s Darling / J. Charles and Trainrobbers / Here, In Arms
Corey Howe and The Dead Flowers / The Greg Schroeder Band / Madison King / Home By Hovercraft / The Jimmy James Band / Hank Van Hawkins Band
April 7, 2012
Upstart Productions is pleased to announce Upstart Concerts’ Go West Fest will take place Saturday, April 7th, 2012 from 3PM until 1AM as the inaugural West Dallas Music Festival.
Go West Fest will be a day of local art, music, and food, and a celebration of the ever expanding city of art. After decades of work, the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge will lead into West Dallas, the diverse and culturally rich corridor towards Oak Cliff.
This will also be the first show for The Nest Gallery, a series of spaces adjoining the performance space that will feature work from Dallas visual artists, in support and celebration of Dallas as a ever-expanding art city. Artists include: Frank Lopez, a recipient of a 2011 Dallas Observer Mastermind grant; Lucy Kirkman and Justin Hunter Allen, operators of the DFTU Gallery in Fair Park; performance/installation artists SLIK STOCKINGS; and others.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
These users are fans:
Corey Howe and the Dead Flowers (More About this Band)
Greg Schroeder (More About this Band)
Here, In Arms (More About this Band)
Somebody's Darling (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million