Mad Swirl / Swirve
Open Mic and spoken word
August 1, 2012
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas-based mad swirl is, so they say, "a platform, a showcase, a stage" to highlight artists in "this mad, mad world." Every first Wednesday of the month, they sponsor an open mic night. Tonight's features Swirve, also from Dallas, whose members play the trumpet backwards, the drums upside-down, and sing "kinda sideways." So they say.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas, half-price appetizers
- Hickory House: $1.50 all beers
- Lee Harvey's: $2.50 domestics and wells
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- City Tavern: $2 domestic drafts, $3 wells, $2 drafts / 1/2 off appetizers
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday