Young Photographers Guest Lecture Series: Eric Draper
August 4, 2012
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Presented in Partnership by the Artist and Elaine Thornton Foundation for the Arts
Eric Draper, who served as President Bush’s chief photographer for the entire eight years of his presidency, photographing him daily in his activities at the office, abroad, and in his personal life, will give a presentation on photography and share his experiences behind the camera during the Bush administration. During his tenure, Draper directed the photographic and archival conversion of the White House Photo Office from film to digital and took nearly one million photos documenting the presidency.
Following the lecture, the winners of the annual Gordon Parks Young Photographers Competition will be announced and prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded.
Free with general admission
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Mattito's: $3 domestics / $3 imports / $4 margaritas / $4-5 select wines / $4 sangria / $5 Rumba Ritas
- Five Sixty: Five tapas-sized plates for $5.60 each
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas, half-price appetizers
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: