Denton Plan 2030 Open House
August 9, 2012
to 8:30 PM
400 East Hickory Street , Denton, TX
On Aug. 9 the City of Denton will host a Kickoff Open House at the Center for the Visual Arts, 400 E. Hickory St., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. to initiate the activities associated with the update to the City’s Comprehensive Plan – the Denton Plan. All community members are invited to attend and meet the project team from Wallace, Roberts, and Todd, LLC, the consultant hired to prepare the update. Also in attendance will be Denton City staff and elected City representatives to discuss and share ideas for Denton’s future.
The event will be the first of many the City will host at various times during the update process to receive input from the public about matters that are important to them. “This is an introductory meeting for the community to learn about the process and meet the individuals involved in this effort” says Brian Lockley, project manager.
Attendees can present their ideas and learn about the Denton Plan update process and the many ways to participate. The Kickoff Open House will contain interactive stations for attendees to offer their input on a number of topics. Attendees can also view and vote for one of the three options for the Denton Plan logo, which will be used throughout the update process.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hannah's Off the Square: $3.50 Bloody Marys, mimosas and margaritas
- Sweetwater Grill and Tavern: $2 wells
- Hannah's Off the Square: $2 domestic drafts / $3 import drafts / $3 wells / half-price martinis / half-price glasses of wine
- Hailey's: $1.50 wells and domestics
- Hooligans: $1.25 Zeigenbock drafts / $1.25 Shiner drafts / $3.50 Texas Teas
See more events classified as:
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton