Opening Reception: On My Own Time
August 10, 2012
to 7:30 PM
109 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
On My Own Time (OMOT) is an annual, regional art competition featuring the artistic talents of people who work for companies, non-profit and governmental agencies throughout North Texas. Each year, area companies and organizations hold in-house exhibitions featuring artwork that was created outside of working hours by their employees, Winners in each of eleven categories such as painting, black and white photography and sculpture, are selected by arts experts who act as jurors. In addition, the jurors select a Best of Show winner. Employees are asked to vote for a “People’s Choice” awardee.
Works that have been awarded a First Prize and Best of Show in each category are selected to move on to the regional exhibit, where the best artworks from all of the companies involved are exhibited together at NorthPark Center during September 2012.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Sweetwater Grill and Tavern: $2 margaritas house rocks/frozen $2.50 strawberry swirl, $2 Peach bellinis
- Fry Street Tavern: $3 freezer shots, $2.25, domestic drafts, $2 double wells and tangos, additional daily drink specials
- Andy's Basement Bar & Grill: $0.75 wells, $1 beers
- Hailey's: $1.50 wells and domestics
- J&J's Pizza: $2 domestics, $0.50 off everthing else
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton