Keepin’ It Real Youth Summit
August 11, 2012
to 2 PM
4849 West Illinois Avenue , Dallas, TX
The ninth annual Keepin' It Real! Youth Summit for middle and high school students will be held on Saturday, August 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at Mountain View College (MVC), 4849 W. Illinois Avenue in Dallas, Texas 75211.
The summit is FREE and offers a day of workshops on health, wellness, finances, and other topics today's teenagers face. In addition to workshops and breakout sessions, attending teens will participate in a College/Community fair, as well as enjoy keynote speakers, food and entertainment. The summit is for youth, ages 12 through 18, with a goal of providing teenagers the information and tools they need to offset issues or enhance areas of productivity. The summit will also establish a strong foundation for a successful school year and a future of achievement. Finally, teens will build self-confidence and meet new friends.
Although the key focus is on learning, participating teens will also be entertained by local artists such as steppers, singers and musicians. There will be free food, door prizes, and lots of giveaways. Also for the ninth year, Backpacking for Education (BFE) returns. BFE is a program that supplies attending youth with backpacks filled with school supplies and well wishes for a safe and productive school year.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- North Texas Food Bank may be short on funds, but also full of hope
- Photos: Dallas Baptist University is more than just a pretty campus, it's a botanical wonderland
- Dallas food distributor recalls more than 8,000 pounds of pork and beef
- Restaurant review: Mi Tierrita is as delicious as it is charming
- Restaurant review: Traditional pork at Fito's #2 in Dallas is a local rarity