Tre Wilcox (SOLD OUT)
August 16, 2012
to 8:30 PM
7721 Inwood Road , Dallas, TX
Wilcox is all too familiar with the world of chefs and their egos. He was on Top Chef after all. But just like the "bastardization of food," he has no patience with the famous-for-being-famous shtick that is all too common even in the cooking world these days. "I'd rather be known for my cooking," he says. For talented chefs, though, appearances on these shows "are very helpful with exposure if [the chefs] don't make asses of themselves." At 35 now, he opened Marquee in late April 2011 in Highland Park Village. Next, he plans to open a small 40- to 70-seat tasting restaurant some time down the line.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"
- Scardello cheese monger divulges complex edge and flavor behind sheep's milk cheeses
- Is the Bush Center's Decision Points Theater exhibit really a "national scandal?"