Fifth Anniversary Barbeque
August 19, 2012
2121 McKinney Avenue , Dallas, TX
Fearing’s Restaurant will begin its extended five-year anniversary celebration this August 19 with a lively evening of barbecue, music and beer, featuring a special guest appearance by world barbecue legend Chris Lilly. Joining Chef Dean Fearing from his home in Alabama, Chris Lilly is the chef/partner of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q and is renowned for his competition-winning pulled pork and white barbecue sauce. He has been featured on the Food Network, on NBC’s Today Show and in extensive national media including Food and Wine, The New York Times and Wall Street Journal.
Added highlights of the casual August 19 event will include beer selections from Fearing’s friend and neighbor, Deep Ellum Brewing Company, official beverage sponsor for the barbecue. The evening’s menu has been co-designed by Chefs Fearing and Lilly and will be highlighted by Char-Grilled Oysters with Wilted Greens and Pepper Sauce, Barbecued Chicken with Alabama White Barbecue, and Eight-Time World Championship Pulled Pork Sliders with Spicy Mustard Coleslaw. Dessert will include such choices as Dreamsicle Push up Pops (Orange/Vanilla), Watermelon-Lime Popsicles and Vanilla Malt/Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches, all served to the live guitar sounds of Dean Fearing and friends.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- Primebar: Ladies Night: $1 champagne, $4 martinis
- Tate's: $4 select craft draft beers, $4 glasses of featured red and white wines, $4 well drinks
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas