Dallas Arts District Walking Tour
part of Dallas Arts District's First Saturday
December 1, 2012
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
The Dallas Arts District and the Dallas Center for Architecture are proud to present an architecture walking tour of the largest urban arts district in the United States.
The Arts District has been a 30-year plan in the making and now boasts buildings by four Pritzker Prize-winning architects within a span of several blocks. The District’s architectural richness extends beyond that, however, with examples of buildings present at the turn of the 19th century when the neighborhood was the poshest residential district in town on one end and a vibrant African-American settlement on the other.
A 90-minute architecture walking tour is led by a trained tour guide and will examine buildings from the 1890’s to the present day. You will explore the architectural detail of the District as well as the institutions, individuals and visionaries who are a part of this fascinating story.
Tours are held on the first and third Saturdays of each month, beginning at 10 a.m. at the ceremonial entrance to the Dallas Museum of Art (Flora and Harwood). The tour lasts approximately 90 minutes and is held rain or shine.
$10 for adults, $8 for Dallas Arts District and AIA Dallas members, $5 for seniors 65 and over and students with valid IDs. Children under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
These users are fans:
Here are some nearby...
- Club Dada: $1 wells
- Enchilada's: $1 off all drinks
- Gator's Croc & Roc: $2.75 domestic drafts, $2 off frozen drinks / 1/2 price appetizers at the bar
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics / $7 "Waddle with a Sailor"
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy