Lantern Light in Plano
December 1, 2012
to 9 PM
1900 West 15th St. , Plano, TX
$4 - $10
This 26th annual holiday celebration at the Heritage Farmstead Museum, themed “Roaring Through the Holidays,” will feature tours of the Farrell-Wilson House, where visitors will experience Christmas as it was in the 1920s. Celebrity chairwoman and WFAA-TV (Channel 8) anchor Shelley Slater will read a Roaring Twenties version of “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” in the Pole Barn at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., and the North Forty Story Tellers will share stories upstairs in the house. Plano mayor Phil Dyer will welcome Santa, who will be available for photo ops, and school, church and community choirs will sing seasonal songs in the Pole Barn. There’ll also be games and crafts, wagon rides and demonstrations in blacksmithing, pottery throwing and dairy presentations.
Online pre-registration: $8 for adults, $4 for children 3-12, free for children 2 and under. On-site same-day registration: $10 for adults, $5 for children 3-12, free for children 2 and under.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Cheap Trick, Kool and the Gang and Joan Jett to headline Wildflower fest in Richardson
- Theater review: Go see Out of Sterno in Rover Dramawerks' new Plano space
- Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano is open and smokin'
- Concert review: Willie Nelson keeps rolling, with Asleep at the Wheel joining him
- Theater review: Rehearsal for Murder! is a comedically griping case of whodunit