Lantern Light in Plano
December 1, 2012
to 9 PM
1900 West 15th Street , Plano, TX
$4 - $10
This 26th annual holiday celebration at the Heritage Farmstead Museum, themed “Roaring Through the Holidays,” will feature tours of the Farrell-Wilson House, where visitors will experience Christmas as it was in the 1920s. Celebrity chairwoman and WFAA-TV (Channel 8) anchor Shelley Slater will read a Roaring Twenties version of “’Twas the Night Before Christmas” in the Pole Barn at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., and the North Forty Story Tellers will share stories upstairs in the house. Plano mayor Phil Dyer will welcome Santa, who will be available for photo ops, and school, church and community choirs will sing seasonal songs in the Pole Barn. There’ll also be games and crafts, wagon rides and demonstrations in blacksmithing, pottery throwing and dairy presentations.
Online pre-registration: $8 for adults, $4 for children 3-12, free for children 2 and under. On-site same-day registration: $10 for adults, $5 for children 3-12, free for children 2 and under.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Theater review: Spring-Heeled Jack vs. The Enigmatic Dr. Hu provides lackluster take on cult classic
- Model train expo chugs through Plano on Saturday
- Plano's Fourteen Eighteen Coffeehouse opens July 29
- Center for special needs adults moves to new facility in Plano
- Theater review: The 1950s comedy The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker paralells modern social issues