Opening Reception: Michael Kenna
December 1, 2012
to 8 PM
1202 Dragon St. , Dallas, TX
On December 1, 2012, PDNB Gallery will host an opening reception of photographs by one of the most internationally acclaimed photographers of our time Michael Kenna (b. 1953, Widnes, Lancashire, England). This will be Kenna's third solo show at PDNB Gallery. The photographs featured in this exhibition come from all corners of the globe including China, South Korea, Thailand, Italy, Venice, Paris, New York, San Francisco and Brazil.
Michael Kenna's black and white photographs are powerful and alluring. His imagery transports you to iconic and placid landscapes where you can gaze in solitude. Because Kenna makes such long exposures, often minutes or sometimes hours long, the landscape presents itself as something that cannot be seen with the naked eye, abstracting reality. This is a trademark of his work for which he has become legendary.
Pictured: Michael Kenna, "Huangshan Mountains, Study 21, Anhui, China, 2009"
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Sambuca: Half priced cocktails, wines by the glass, pizzas and appetizers
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Primebar: $3 Texas Pints
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas