December 4, 2012
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Kids can add an artistic twist to their holiday celebrations at this fabulous, free monthly program at the Dallas Museum of Art, where they can create a holiday ornament inspired by the Posters of Paris exhibition; take a Holly Jolly Holiday family tour to search for silver and gold, snowflakes and ice, and the colors of the season in a tour of the museum’s collection; and catch a Holiday on Strings marionette show by the Dallas Puppet Theater, followed by a visit with puppeteer Pix Smith and his puppets. The fun also includes a visit with Arturo, the museum’s family mascot; creating drawings in the air with flashlights, laser pointers and traffic wands; stories with Ann Marie Newman; and books read by librarians from the Dallas Public Library. Dec. 4 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., free general admission continues until museum closes at 5.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar: half-price bottles of wine priced $50 or less
- Adair's Saloon: $1.50 drafts
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics / $3 select canned beers / $3 Firefly
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $6 house margaritas / $5 wells / $5 house wines / $4 import beers / $3 domestic beers
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre