Mad Swirl / Swirve
Open Mic and spoken word
December 5, 2012
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas-based mad swirl is, so they say, "a platform, a showcase, a stage" to highlight artists in "this mad, mad world." Every first Wednesday of the month, they sponsor an open mic night. Tonight's features Swirve, also from Dallas, whose members play the trumpet backwards, the drums upside-down, and sing "kinda sideways." So they say.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Absinthe Lounge: $2 drafts, $3 wells, $4 calls, $5 martinis
- Ten Sports Grill: $2.50 domestics / $2.50 wells / $1 off premium drafts / $2.50 frozen drinks / $3 calls
- City Tavern: $3 Domestic Bottles
- Pastime Tavern: Ladies night: $1.50 domestics
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics / $7 "Waddle with a Sailor"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling