Nasher Gallery Lab: Kristen Cochran
December 6, 2012
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
$5 - $10
The Gallery Lab series brings the spirit of experimentation to the Nasher galleries. Join us for informal conversations, interactive presentations, performances, demonstrations and unexpected viewpoints on art with artists and voices from other disciplines. Expand your concept of a gallery talk and discover a fresh perspective on what it means to engage with the arts.
Moving into Darkness - Artist Kristen Cochran explores what the use of the color black may mean during periods of transition in an artist’s career. This artist talk and interactive lab investigates the psychological and physiological act of perceiving color, focusing on what dark or black works of art have meant personally and professionally for artists such as Robert Rauschenberg, Mark Rothko, and Ad Reinhardt. Cochran describes her own interest in darkness as both ironic and sincere: a starting point for a greater examination of growth, anxiety and the fluid nature of identity.
Kristen Cochran lives and works in Seattle, WA and Dallas, TX. She received her BFA in Painting from the University of Washington and her MFA from the Meadows School of the Arts at Southern Methodist University. Her upcoming solo exhibition Pre-Black will take place in 2012 as part of The Goss-Michael Foundation Segments Series.
This program is free with admission to the museum and free for members. To RSVP, please contact Tom Jungerberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214.242.5180.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics / $7 mug of any draft beers / $5 Buffalo Trace whiskey
- Neo Pizza Napoletana by Olivella's: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $2 frozen drinks
- Club Dada: $1 wells
- T/X Restaurant: $3 domestic beers, $5 house wines, $5 well drinks
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day