The Forgotten Carols
December 7, 2012
A straight-laced nurse is assigned to care for an elderly patient who has a few “psychological problems”. He calls himself “Uncle John” and believes he’s been alive for 2,000 years and has actually met people from the Christmas story that have been “forgotten,” i.e. the innkeeper that turned Joseph and Mary away; the shepherd who fell asleep and missed everything and others. He’s chronicled his encounters with a collection of “forgotten carols” which he sings as he hangs the ornaments he’s collected over the centuries that accompany each unique Christmas song. If only these songs could touch the part of his nurse’s heart that she has long since forgotten.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Theater review: Artisan's The Scarlet Pimpernel pays righteous homage to a masterpiece
- Theater review: Artisan Center Theater brings Jane Austen back to life with Emma
- Black Lab missing in Hurst area
- Theater review: Artisan Center Theater pays a rocking tribute to a '50s great in The Buddy Holly Story
- Theater review: Journey through dimensions with a clan of kids in A Wrinkle in Time