Viva Dallas Burlesque: Festivus Follies
December 7, 2012
Viva Dallas Burlesque, the largest burlesque show in Texas, always happens the first Friday of every month and this time we’re doing it for charity! December’s show is our third annual Festivus Follies, a benefit for Home for the Holidays Texas, an AIDS resource organization. The show will feature none other than burlesque icon Jo “Boobs” Weldon, author of The Burlesque Handbook and founder of the New York School of Burlesque, plus the fabulous Angelique DeVil is joining us from Portland! As always we’ll feature plenty of Texas favorites and there will be several raffles for Home for the Holidays
The show features Jo Weldon (NYC), Angelique DeVil (Portland), as well as local favorites Angela Ryan, Jolie Goodnight (Austin), Lula Houp-Garou, Courtney Crave, and many more! In this show you can expect classic beauty, high energy, comedy, and new spins on an old tradition creating a compelling mix of titillation and humor to entice audiences of a new generation.
Photo of Jo Weldon by Allen Lee
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy