Trucks for Tots
December 8, 2012
to 7 PM
, Dallas, TX
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., 25 Dallas and Fort Worth food trucks are gathering at the corner of Elm St. and Gaston Ave in Deep Ellum (2505 Elm Street, Dallas) for a massive toy drive for the Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of Toys for Tots. More than 20 United States Marines will be on hand to take toy donations and guests are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for a needy child. Pictures with Santa will be available in addition to live music, bounce houses, and over 50 vendors for holiday shopping.
In partnership with local schools including W.E. Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy and Lincoln High School, students will be encouraged to collect toys and bring them to the event with their family. There will also be a performance by the Lincoln High School Tiger Marching Band.
Food trucks confirmed include Rock & Roll Tacos, Rockstar Bakeshop, Easy Slider Truck, Ssahm BBQ, Gepetto’s Pizza, Three Lions, and The Gastro Bomber.
Guests are encouraged to ride the DART Green Line and get off at the Deep Ellum Station, which is across the street from the event. Guests coming from North Dallas can ride any line into downtown and transfer to the Green Line without worrying about the hassle of parking. This event is brought to you by DFW Food Truck Group, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Deep Ellum Outdoor Market, and other local sponsors.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $6 house margaritas / $5 wells / $5 house wines / $5 draft beers / $4 import beers / $3 domestic beers
- Double Wide: Half-price drafts
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $3 Frozen Mimosas (regular, guava and mango)
- Pastime Tavern: Ladies night: any domestic for only $1.50
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy