Trucks for Tots
December 8, 2012
to 7 PM
, Dallas, TX
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., 25 Dallas and Fort Worth food trucks are gathering at the corner of Elm St. and Gaston Ave in Deep Ellum (2505 Elm Street, Dallas) for a massive toy drive for the Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter of Toys for Tots. More than 20 United States Marines will be on hand to take toy donations and guests are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy for a needy child. Pictures with Santa will be available in addition to live music, bounce houses, and over 50 vendors for holiday shopping.
In partnership with local schools including W.E. Greiner Exploratory Arts Academy and Lincoln High School, students will be encouraged to collect toys and bring them to the event with their family. There will also be a performance by the Lincoln High School Tiger Marching Band.
Food trucks confirmed include Rock & Roll Tacos, Rockstar Bakeshop, Easy Slider Truck, Ssahm BBQ, Gepetto’s Pizza, Three Lions, and The Gastro Bomber.
Guests are encouraged to ride the DART Green Line and get off at the Deep Ellum Station, which is across the street from the event. Guests coming from North Dallas can ride any line into downtown and transfer to the Green Line without worrying about the hassle of parking. This event is brought to you by DFW Food Truck Group, Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Deep Ellum Outdoor Market, and other local sponsors.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Pastime Tavern: Cheap Beer Night: $1.50 Lonestar, Pearl, and Pabst Blue Ribbon
- The Meridian Room: $2.50 champagne drinks / $4 Bloody Marys
- Reno's Chop Shop Saloon: $3.50 wells, $2.00-$3.00 Domestics & more
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Conspiracy Bar: $4 selected shots, $6.50 mojitos
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger