F@#K Brain Cancer
December 14, 2012
to 9 PM
110 North Akard Street , Dallas, TX
Ro2 Art and Joshua Goode are hosting a special exhibit and silent auction to raise money for Patrick Short, a young contemporary artist and Dallas native who has recently been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Art will be on view beginning Thursday, December 13, with a reception and silent auction taking place Friday, December 14, from 7-9pm at Ro2 Art Downtown Projects.
Artists donating work from around the country whos lives Patrick has affected include: Anne Albagli (San Francisco), Lynne Allen (Boston), Jesse Morgan Barnett (Dallas), Jennifer Caine (Boston), Dana Clancy (Boston), Kristen Cochran (Dallas), Hannah Cole (NYC), Deborah Cornell (Boston), Matthew Cusick (Dallas), Gabriel Dawe (Dallas), Erika Duque (Fort Worth), Carolina Duque (NYC), Sarah Edwards (San Francisco), Cassandra Emswiler (Dallas), Gary Farrelly (Ireland), Leah Foster (NYC), Michael Garguilo (Detroit), Joshua Goode (Dallas), Jill Grimes (Boston), Monica Gunderson (NYC), Rachel Hellman (Boston), Elizabeth Livingston (NYC), Lindsay McCulloch (Washington DC), Lydia Musco (Boston), Dushko Petrovich (Boston), Teresa Rafidi (Dallas), Harold Reddicliffe (Boston), Ryder Richards (Dallas), Richard Ryan (Boston), Lucia Simek (Dallas), Lisa Townley (Boston), Andrew Douglas Underwood (Dallas), Bartek Walicki (NYC), Andrew Wick (Dallas), and many more to be announced.
Patrick is 26 and has recently been diagnosed with stage three Anapalastic Oligodendroglioma, a very rare and aggressive form of brain cancer. He needs our help. If his name sounds familiar, it’s because he is the artist who founded and directed the non-profit alternative art space Guerilla Arts in Dallas, Texas. This was a space that provided pivotal early support for and the opportunity for growth and experimentation to artists such as: Gabriel Dawe, Gary Farrelly, Shawn Smith, Jennifer Caine, Anne Albagli, and Leah Foster among others. Guerilla Arts was awarded Best New Gallery by D Magazine in 2011, just before it closed.
Photo of Patrick Short by Elizabeth M. Claffey / Special Contributor
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Pastime Tavern: Ladies night: any domestic for only $1.50
- RJ Mexican Cuisine: $4.00 Margaritas
- Miguel's Cantina: $3.50 original margaritas / $1 off fruit margaritas / $2.95 wells / $2.95 Mexican beers / $2.50 domestics
- Dakota's Steakhouse: $2 Bud Light draft, $2.50 margaritas, $3 well drinks, $3.50 Bellinis, $3.50 house wines
- Jorge's Tex-Mex Cafe: $3 Frozen Mimosas (regular, guava and mango)
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy