Grand Tree Lighting Celebration
December 22, 2012
13350 Dallas Pkwy. , Dallas, TX
The Galleria Dallas tree, billed as the nation’s tallest indoor Christmas tree, features about 450,000 lights and more than 10,000 ornaments. On Nov. 23-24, ice-skating shows will feature U.S. Olympic champion Brian Boitano, national champions and local children as part of the Macy’s Grand Tree Lighting. Those shows and the others listed below will feature Missile Toes, an ice-skating, back-flipping Santa Claus, who’ll wow the audience with the fireworks that come out of his skates. Daily Illumination Celebrations will feature lights blinking along to holiday music.
Shows with Boitano, Missile Toes and others Nov. 23 at noon, Nov. 24 at 5 p.m. Additional Missile Toes shows Dec. 1, 8, 15 and 22 at 5 p.m.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Chaparrito's Tex-Mex: $2.25 domestic beers, $3.25 imported beers, $4.98 margaritas, $5 whiskey, $5 gin, $5 vodka, $5 tequila
- Hibashi Teppan Grill & Sushi Bar: $2 domestic drafts / $3 select wells
- Hibashi Teppan Grill & Sushi Bar: $5 flavored cold sake
- Speeds Billiards & Games: $2.50 wells / $2 Bud Select pints
- Jarro Kafe: $3 domestic beer, $4 import beer, $4 frozen margarita
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Watch the Academy Awards in style in Dallas
- Cheesy Italian restaurant springs up near the Galleria
- Review: For a fun night of theatre, Tom Sawyer is a must-see
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye examines mortality through the perspective of a genius