Dallas TubaChristmas 2012
December 24, 2012
1627 Pacific Ave. , Dallas, TX
The ensemble is made up of area tuba, sousaphone, euphonium, and baritone players and will be spreading Christmas cheer by performing holiday carols. The guest conductor will be Jason Wallace, local band director and tuba player with the Dallas Wind Symphony. This year’s performance is dedicated to the memory of Alex Burton, longtime Dallas Merry TUBACHRISTMAS Master of Ceremonies, who passed away this past September. The concert is free and open to the public.
All area tuba, sousaphone, euphonium, and baritone players are cordially invited to join in on the concert fun. Participants should dress in weather-appropriate attire and bring a folding music stand and instrument strap. Registration and rehearsal will take place the morning of the performance. For more information, please visit www.stephenshoop.com or contact Steve Shoop at (972) 898-2922.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Press Box Grill: $12 draft beer pitchers
- Cadillac Bar: $1 off beer, wells and margaritas
- Miguel's Cantina: $3.50 original margaritas / $1 off fruit margaritas / $2.95 wells / $2.95 Mexican beers / $2.50 domestics
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger