Festivus of Lights
December 28, 2012
to 8 PM
1500 Marilla St. , Dallas, TX
The Friends of Living Plaza are doing their own holiday celebration. We're inviting people out to City Hall plaza to reflect on this past year together and celebrate the coming new year. We'll have food trucks, coffee, music, ceremonies by the Center for Spiritual Living, and other Festivus festivities throughout the evening.
4:00 - Food trucks (Tin Start Taco Taxi, The Bomb Pies) arrive
5-5:30 - Family Band
5:55 - Airing of Grievances, Feats of Strength, Choir performance
7:00 - Lighting Ceremony
Similar to Festivus for the Rest of Us (from the Seinfeld episode in the 90s), we'll have a ceremonial "airing of grievances." Come anytime in the day to write your grievances from the past year and throw it in the Bowl of Grievances. Then come back at 5:55pm for the Airing Ceremony.
We'll also have our own Living Plaza twist on the Festivus "feats of strength" challenge. Muster your courage to lift our papier mache dumbell - an epic struggle to be attempted by all.
By 7 p.m., we'll be wrapping up the Festivus with lights.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Green Room: $3 Domestics, $3 Wells, $3 WInes, $5 select appetizers
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Lizard Lounge: $2 drinks and domestic bottles
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $6 margaritas; $1 off all liquor
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July