Concerts in the Garden: Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra - Old-Fashioned Family Fireworks Picnic
July 2, 2012
3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard , Fort Worth, TX
The 22nd annual Concerts in the Garden music festival opens Friday, June 1, with 17 nights of outdoor concerts running through July 4 at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. This series offers a variety of music — John Williams, classic rock tributes, Tchaikovsky’s1812 Overture, and country, jazz and mambo nights — plus fireworks after every show. Tickets start at $16. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. nightly, and performances begin at 8:15 p.m.
It’s a Fort Worth tradition! Break out your finest Independence Day picnic fare, while the Fort Worth Symphony supplies the patriotic soundtrack – favorite songs like God Bless America, stirring marches and military salutes. All three shows end with one of the finest fireworks displays in the area.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- BoomerJack's Grill & Bar: $2 Domestic Pints, $3 Domestic Pilsners, $3 Well Drinks, $2 U Call it! (Crown & Down)
- Capital Bar: $2.75 Domestics, $3.25 Imports, $1 off cocktails & wine
- Chili's Grill & Bar: $2.25 (16 oz) & $3.25 (23 oz) domestic drafts, $3.99 margaritas, $2.50 wells, $3 house wine
- Blue Mesa Grill: free quesadilla bar
- Gloria's: $3 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $3 mojitos, $3 sangria, $3.50 imports, $5 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs