Mad Swirl / Swirve
Open Mic and spoken word
July 3, 2012
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas-based mad swirl is, so they say, "a platform, a showcase, a stage" to highlight artists in "this mad, mad world." Every first Wednesday of the month, they sponsor an open mic night. Tonight's features Swirve, also from Dallas, whose members play the trumpet backwards, the drums upside-down, and sing "kinda sideways." So they say.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Sample 150 craft beers from local homebrewers at Oak Cliff's Brew Riot
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25