Autism Awareness Family Celebrations
part of Dallas/Fort Worth Walk Now for Autism Speaks Family Kickoff
July 7, 2012
to 11 AM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
The Dallas Museum of Art’s Autism Awareness Family Celebrations provide a safe, comfortable way to introduce the Museum to families of children with autism and show them how they can have a successful visit to the Museum with their child on the Autism Spectrum. Pre-registered families can visit the Museum free of charge and enjoy the Museum’s Center for Creative Connections (C3) before the Museum opens to the public.
Move with art! Enjoy a morning all about movement move around with props in the Fleischner Courtyard, create art that moves in the studio, learn more about movement in works of art in the Center for Creative Connections Gallery, and move with music during an interactive musical performance. Families will have the opportunity to explore the interactives in the Center for Creative Connections during these special private events and are also invited to stay when the Museum opens at 11:00 a.m. to enjoy additional family programming.
Pre-registration is required; space is limited. For more information or to register for the program, e-mail your name, phone number, and the number of people in your family who will attend to access@DallasMuseumofArt.org.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Five Sixty: Five tapas-sized plates for $5.60 each
- T.G.I. Friday's: $2 Red Stripes
- Mattito's: $3 domestics / $3 imports / $4 margaritas / $4-5 select wines / $4 sangria / $5 Rumba Ritas
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas