Frank and Dean Together Again
July 17, 2012
5400 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
Fresh from Las Vegas, “Frank and Dean Together Again” is making its Dallas debut at the Pocket Sandwich Theatre on Tuesday evening, July 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM. This hilarious, high-energy Rat Pack stage production is being cheered by audiences nationwide with Rick Michel’s spot-on Dean Martin and Dave Halston’s amazing vocal styling of Frank Sinatra. A captivating blend of swing, swagger and hilarious antics, this show is a laugh-a-minute spectacle that delivers “Las Vegas Cool” to a new generation while commanding standing ovation results!
A spin-off from the successful Las Vegas production “Drinkin Singin’ Swingin,” this innovative, 2-man adaptation delivers the perfect cocktail of fun, blending enough tradition to keep it “Rat Packish” while pouring savory shots of edgy humor to keep it fresh and funny. Rick Michel’s impromptu renditions of Rodney Dangerfield and Archie Bunker are hysterical, while Dave Halston brings to life the unmistakable charm and essence of Ol Blue Eyes. The on-stage chemistry of these two marvelous entertainers is evident from the start. The audience is drawn to their contagious temperament as they assume the character of the legendary icons. The result is a highly entertaining, 90-minute show with wide audience appeal.
Both entertainers sport impressive on-stage pedigrees. Notably, Rick Michel had the honor of being invited by master impressionist Rich Little to share the stage at the Bob Hope Celebrity Golf Classic, where comedic legend Bob Hope himself was in the audience along with President Ford and Frank Sinatra. Dave Halston experienced an extraordinary career highlight when he delivered a command performance for Barbara Sinatra (Mrs. Frank Sinatra). Frank’s wife was brought to tears by his rendition of “My Way.” Dave has also performed for Jeanne Martin (Mrs. Dean Martin).
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Ozona Grill & Bar: $1 off everything, $2 wells
- Mockingbird Taproom: $3 Texas Pints, $3 Wells, half-priced starters
- The Blue Goose Cantina: $2 Tecate, $2.25 domestic bottle beer, $3.25 import bottle beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 house lime flavor margarita, $1 off everything else
- Sundown at Granada: $3 beers, $3 wells
- The Grape: $2 select beers / $3 premium wells / 1/2 price wines by the glass
See more events classified as:
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records