Living With the Trinity
July 19, 2012
to 8 PM
6500 Loop 12 , Dallas, TX
Come enjoy free popcorn and Popsicles in our Great Hall and watch the KERA documentary; Living with the Trinity. Produced, written and directed by Rob Tranchin, the film features rare archival footage, historic photographs and interviews with the politicians, business leaders and environmental activists of the 1970s. During this time an important battle over the environment took place in Texas. At stake was the future of the 500 mile long Trinity River. On one side were those who hoped to transform the entire length of the river into a barge canal linking Dallas and Fort Worth to the Gulf of Mexico. On the other side were those who wanted the river left alone.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Lockdown at three Dallas ISD schools in southeast Dallas lifted
- El Padrino is moving from Bishop Arts District to Pleasant Grove
- Photos: Square dancing at the Trinity River Audubon Center on a Saturday night
- UPDATEDx3 personal account and photos: Electric Daisy Carnival in Dallas ended abruptly; one dead
- Audio slideshow: Plot Against Hunger in Dallas helps feed people in need