Preservation Dallas Summer Sizzlers - Dallas in the ‘50s: Art and the Public
July 24, 2012
to 7:30 PM
2924 Swiss Avenue , Dallas, TX
$10 - $20
Learn about the latest research on the arts in Dallas during the 1950s. Join art historians Leigh Arnold, Heather MacDonald, and Alexandra Wellington from the DMA for a discussion of art and the public sphere in Dallas during the 1950s, including museum exhibitions, gallery shows, purchase prizes, and public controversies.
$20 for the general public; $10 for Preservation Dallas Members
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- One Eyed Penguin: $3 wells / $3 domestics
- Dakota's Steakhouse: $2 Bud Light draft, $2.50 margaritas, $3 well drinks, $3.50 Bellinis, $3.50 house wines
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas, half-price appetizers
- Club Dada: $3 drafts
- Club Dada: $2 Lone Star drafts, $2 Bud drafts, $2 Dada Duo mixed shots
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday