Preservation Dallas Summer Sizzlers: Lost Dallas
July 26, 2012
to 7:30 PM
2924 Swiss Avenue , Dallas, TX
$10 - $20
Mark Doty, Historic Preservation Officer for the City of Dallas and author of the new book Lost Dallas, will present a sampling of buildings, neighborhoods and sites that have been lost and even forgotten since the City of Dallas’ modest beginning in 1841. Drawing from a wide range of sources, including private collections, the extensive Dallas Morning News archive, the Southern Methodist University Hamon Arts Library and the City of Dallas Municipal archive collection, iconic lost structures such as Dr. Pepper headquarters, the Baker Hotel and Cotton Exchange will be profiled along with other forgotten treasures such as drive-in movie theaters, commercial buildings and residential neighborhoods.
A book signing will follow the talk.
$20 for the general public; $10 for Preservation Dallas Members
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- Bryan Street Tavern: $3 wells, $1 off draft beer
- Maracas Cocina Mexicana: $3.50 Skinny-ritas, $3.50 Frozen Margaritas, $3.50 well drinks
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas, $5 mojitos
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas