Sammons Jazz All-Stars – Celebrating the Future of Jazz
July 27, 2012
to 10 PM
3630 Harry Hines Boulevard , Dallas, TX
The Sammons Center will present an evening of live jazz entertainment with a special benefit concert in recognition of an awesome roster of Sammons Jazz Series artists. Sammons Jazz Artistic Director Arlington Jones – along with colleagues former Sammons Jazz Artistic Directors James Gilyard, Roger Boykin, and Founding Artistic Director Vicho Vicencio – will be collaborating with an All Star cast in presenting this benefit concert. The program includes Heather Paterson, Simone Jackson Rodgers, Tony Hakim, and Garry Williams on Vocals; Roger Boykin on Guitar; Brad Leali and Vicho Vicencio on Saxophone; Dave Zoller and Arlington Jones on Piano; Chris Clarke and James Gilyard on Bass; and Andrew Griffith on Drums. The music will be an eclectic mix of swing, Latin, blues, and original works. The suggested donation at the door is $50 per person. For reservations call 214.520.7789. All proceeds benefit the Sammons Jazz Program.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- Two Corks and a Bottle: Half-price glasses of wine (except sparkling)
- Grapevine Bar: $3 any non-premium drink / $2.50-3 shots and martinis
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- The Idle Rich Pub: $3 mimosas by the glass / $7 mimosas by the carafe / $3 Red Stellas, Bloody Marys and Greyhounds
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: