National Day of the American Cowboy
July 28, 2012
to 4:30 PM
, Fort Worth, TX
Come celebrate the history and heritage of the American Cowboy at the 5th Annual National Day of The American Cowboy (NDAC). Voted best cowboy tribute event in the nation by American Cowboy Magazine, NDAC gives families and the general public the opportunity to experience and appreciate the role cowboys and cowgirls of all ethnicities have played and continue to play in everyday life.
Free activities and contests include watermelon eating, seed-spitting, best mustache, most worn-out boots, and buckaroo coloring among others. There will also be a cowboy celebration parade, Cowboy Idol, and gunfight shows.
The National Day of the American Cowboy is also the host of the Hay Stacking World Championships, which will be held at 10 a.m.
The Cowboy Idol singing competition is noon to 1 p.m. See rules and entry information.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Salsa Limón opens artsy storefront across from Fort Worth Modern
- Theater review: Explore 1920s love and lust in Knock Me A Kiss at Jubilee Theater
- Photos: Fort Worth residents Rock the River at lively outdoor event
- Theater review: Dive into the urban Renaissance of Harlem in Knock Me A Kiss
- Theater review: In the Heights is a lovely musical that dives deep into Latino culture