JazzBreaks on the Plaza
June 19, 2012
1527 North Galloway Avenue , Mesquite, TX
JazzBreaks on the Plaza at the Mesquite Arts Center began way back in 1996. The earliest Arts Council presentations featured incredible friends and musicians who volunteered their time. There wasn’t much money and what was there was used to help open the Arts Center. Just a few years later, around 1998, the musicians were paid and the series was expanded. Now the entire month of June features big band, Latin and contemporary jazz groups. Curt Bradshaw conducts the big band on the 1st and 4th Tuesday’s in June this year with Rosanna Eckert on June 12 and the UTA Faculty Jazz on June 19.
All of the concerts are free but be sure to bring your own chairs, blankets and coolers. Box lunches are available for purchase from Go-Diva Catering and on June 5 we’ll celebrate the 125th birthday of the City of Mesquite.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Theater review: Three sisters come to terms with betrayals in hysterical Crimes of the Heart
- Mesquite welcomes Pat Green and Kevin Fowler for 7th Annual Real Texas Festival
- Mesquite Arts Center shakes things up with new play, painting exhibition
- UPDATED: Three identified in ongoing investigation of Mesquite deaths
- Mesquite Arts Center abuzz with sculpture exhibition, community theater