Waging Peace World Premiere
in the Crum Auditorium
June 21, 2012
to 9:15 PM
3150 Binkley Avenue , Dallas, TX
In 1961, President John F. Kennedy asked a generation of Americans to volunteer and make a difference on a global scale. Since then, 200,000 volunteers have answered his call. The film weaves the personal letters, journals, emails and blogs written by Peace Corps Volunteers with profiles of four returned Volunteers showing the enduring impact of these experiences on their own lives and the lives of others. Celebrating the power of volunteerism and cross-cultural understanding.
6:15 p.m. Wine, cheese and dessert reception
7:00 p.m. WAGING PEACE: The Peace Corps Experience. Followed by a Panel Discussion - "The Legacy...Ask what you can do for your country."
A portion of the proceeds benefits Peace Corps Partnership projects around the world.
Information submitted by a PegNews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Ozona Grill & Bar: $1 off everything
- Margarita Ranch: $3 house cocktails / $3 house wines / $5 Grande Margaritas / all beers $2-2.50
- Barley House: $2 Domestic Drafts
- Brackets (Closed): $2 mimosas, $2 poinsettias
- Gloria's: $3 house margaritas, $3 domestic beer, $3 mojitos, $3 sangria, $3.50 imports, $4 swirls, $5 strawberry margaritas, $5 mango margaritas, $5 house wine, $5 Meltdowns
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- New Lower Greenville restaurant HG Sply Co. takes inspiration from Paleo Diet
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center