June 22, 2012
3120 McKinney Avenue , Dallas, TX
$15 - $30
RUTH is a powerful retelling of the Hebrew/Old Testament story of Ruth and Naomi, setting it in contemporary American history, focusing on the issue of immigration.
Vicki Caroline Cheatwood has been awarded a Dallas Theater Critics Forum Award (MANICURES & MONUMENTS), the Best New Play Award from the Southwest Theater Association and the Robert Bone Memorial Playwriting Award (FITS & STARTS; THE SACRED HEART), and the Special Jury Gold Award at Worldfest Film Festival (for screenplay AIR) and has been a finalist for the Austin Film Festival (10:10), the Heideman Award (THE RISEN CHRIS, Actors Theater of Louisville), the Julia Harris Playwright Award (AN HOUR SOUTH), and the Eileen Heckart Drama Award (MANICURES & MONUMENTS). Her plays have been produced at Vital Theatre, Access Theatre and Actors' Stock Company, NYC.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- The Quarter Bar: $2 Wells, $2 Domestics & $4 House Wine
- Sfuzzi: $1 off all drinks, half-price pizza
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
- Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery: $1 off all wine, beer and cocktails
- Snookie's Bar & Grill: $3 domestics / $4.25 imports / $4 craft beers / $2.75 Shiner Bock drafts / $3 wells / $4 call cocktails / $5 call martinis / $4 select wines
See more events classified as:
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park