Guys & Dolls
June 23, 2012
111 South Main Street , Cleburne, TX
$12 - $15
Book by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows, Music and Lyrics by Frank Loesser, Directed by Jay Lewis
Desperate to find money to pay for his floating crap game, Nathan Detroit bets Sky Masterson a thousand dollars that Sky will not be able to take a local Salvation Army girl, Sarah Brown, to Cuba. While Sky eventually is able to convince Sarah to join him, Nathan battles with his fiancé of fourteen years, Adelaide. Sky ends up falling in love with Sarah and tries to reform his gambling ways betting all the members of the floating crap game that if he wins his roll of the dice, they will all have to go to church and repent. If he loses, he will give them each a thousand dollars. He ends up winning and all the gamblers end up visiting the mission and repent of their sins, which are many.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Plaza Theatre Company cleans up [Title of Show]
- Theater review: Passion covers many sins in Cleburne's floundering Over the River
- Theatre review: Plaza Theatre reaches for the stars with The Sound of Music
- Theater review: Plaza Theatre Company's See How They Run leaves you rolling in the aisles
- Theatre review: Greater Cleburne Carnegie Players fling frisky fun in Babes in Toyland