America’s Other Audubon Book Talk With Author Joy Kiser
June 23, 2012
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Join author Joy Kiser, writer and editor for the federal government and former NEA librarian, as she discusses her latest book America’s Other Audubon, which chronicles for the first time the story behind the making of the extraordinary 19th-century book by amateur naturalist and artist Genevieve Jones - Illustrations of the Nests and Eggs of Birds of Ohio - with reproductions of all sixty-eight original color lithographs, archival photographs, selected field notes, and a key to the eggs and birds.
As a special feature for Dallas audiences, selected original Jones prints, owned by the Museum of Nature and Science, will be on display at the Dallas Museum of Art on June 23 only, in conjunction with this program.
Free with general admission
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
See more events classified as:
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday